- Students line up by belt level with the most senior student in the front right corner.
- If two students have the same belt level, whoever received their belt first is senior.
- The senior student calls the class to attention by announcing “Chariot” in a loud, firm voice for all to hear.
- Upon arrival of the instructor, the senior student instructs the class to bow to the Founder of Taekwon-Do, General Choi Hong Hi by announcing,
- “Cha Si Ja Nim Gae” (To the founder), Kyong Ye.” (Bow)
- The senior student has the class bow to the instructor.
- “Sabum Nim Gae (To the instructor), “Kyong Ye” (Bow) (for 4th – 5th degree black belts)
“Boo Sabum Nim Gae (To the assistant instructor), Kyong Ye” (Bow) (for 1st – 3rd degree black belts)
- The senior student leads the class through the Student Oath.
- After the Student Oath, the second most senior student has the class turn to the senior student and bow by saying,
- “Wooro Dora” (Turn to your right) “Kyong Ye” (Bow).
At the end of a class, the above process takes place again with one addition.
The senior student then announces, “Haesan” (Dismissed)